Quiz: Are you ready for marriage?

Quiz: Are you ready for marriage?

1. Do you have friends who are not born-again? James 4:4
  • Yes
  • No
Points: Yes [1], No or I do only because the Holy Spirit told me to continue to be friends with them [10]
2. If you have a friend and they are selfish or hurt your feelings over and over again, will you eventually stop speaking with them?  Matthew 25:23
  • Not likely
  • Likely - The friendship is not worth it, after all they are not family or my spouse
Points: Not Likely [10] Likely [1]
3. Do you know God's plan for your life and the purpose of that plan for your life? Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 8:28; 1 John 2:17
  • Yes
  • No
Points: Yes [10] No [1]
4. Are you walking in God's plan for your life? Jeremiah 29:11; Matthew 6:33; James 4:7; 1 John 2:17
  • Yes
  • No
Points: Yes [10] No [1]
5. Are you serving in church (e.g. at a church building, or sharing the gospel at your job or on your spare time)? Matthew 6:33; Mark 10:45; Romans 12:11
  • Yes
  • No
Points: Yes [10] No [1]
6. When you are having a good or even a bad day, do you vent all of your feelings to your friends, family, spouse, pastor? Proverbs 29:11; James 1:19; Proverbs 18:2
  • Always
  • Almost Always
  • Sometimes
  • Never
Points: Always [1], Almost Always [2], Sometimes [5], Never [10]
7. Love is a: 1 Corinthians 13; John 14:15
  • Good feeling
  • Good thoughts
  • Inconsistent
  • Choice
Points: Good feeling [1], Good thoughts [1], Inconsistent [1], Choice [10]
8. Are you super busy due to pursuing God's plan for your life? Luke 13:31-34; Matthew 6:24
  • Yes, I am leaning on the Holy Spirit everyday accepting all the help I can get from him
  • No, I am not busy
Points: Yes [10], No [1]
9. When someone you care about speaks to you about 'something' repetitively and that 'something' is mean and hurtful to you; how often do you forgive and forget what that person said even if she/he doesn't apologize? 1 Corinthians 13; Ephesians 4:32
  • Always - Answering this question out loud, what does forgiveness mean to you? How do you forgive?
  • Almost always
  • Sometimes
  • Never
Points: Always [10], Almost Always [5], Sometimes [2], Never [1]
10. If you are busy and you had a long week, and you are working in a group, how interested are you in making sure everyone needs are met? 1 Corinthians 13; Colossians 3:12-13
  • Always
  • Almost always
  • Sometimes
  • Never
Points: Always [10], Almost Always [5], Sometimes [2], Never [1]
11. You are busy with God's plan for your life, you are working, you are serving and you have a social life. What do you put first if you have conflicting deadlines: Jesus, work, friends or family? Luke 14:25-30; Colossians 3:1
  • Jesus, even if it means that I miss other deadlines
  • Work first, Jesus know that I have bills
  • Family, I can spend time with Jesus later
  • Friends, I cannot say no!
Points: Jesus [10], Work [1], Family [1], Friends [1]
11. When I lack wisdom about how to do basic things, I ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom on how to do it. James 1:5; Ecclesiastes 2:26
  • Always
  • Almost always
  • Sometimes
  • Never
Points: Always [10], Almost Always [5], Sometimes [2], Never [1]
12. I have access to a bible, I do not have a hearing disability and I hear the word of God Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:6
  • Once per week
  • Twice per week
  • Three times - five times per week
  • Once per day or more
Points: Once per week [1], Twice per week [2], Three times per week [5], Once per day or more [10]
13. I know the voice of God, I hear the voice of God, and I follow the voice of God. John 10:11-18;
  • Yes, and I know when he is pleased and not please
  • Most of the time, I know when it's God
  • I do not, but I am willing to learn 
Points: Yes [10], Most of the time [5], I do not[1]
14. Be honest, how often do you grumble and complain? (e.g. this car cut me off, my boss is always negative, the ac in my apartment never works, etc) Philippians 2:12-16:
  • Three times or more per week
  • Twice per week
  • Once per week
  • Never
Points: Never [10], Once per week [5], Twice per week [2], Four times or more per week [1]
15. Within the last three months how content have you been with everything (e.g. all-in-all) 1 Timothy 6:6-10,1 Timothy 6:17-19?
  • Always content
  • Almost always content
  • Sometimes content
  • Never content
Points: Always [10], Almost Always [5], Sometimes [2], Never content [1]